Thursday, May 20, 2004

a summer to forget

Yeah. Summer really sucks. now ofcoarse i am not talking about the beautful weather or the warmth or how everybody wants to do something.......im talking about the bugs. for the love of god the bugs! right now im sitting at work, when i walked outside earlier to get my gaseous cancer fix i looked up. i was suprised to notice 2 wasp nest above the door. note that there are 2 wasp nest....and they are different types of wasp. now you would think that 2 different types of wasp would get angry at the other one trying to take its space, but no. they dont. they would rather chase me. for no reason these things kept swarming around me like i was a budding virgin flower ripe with pollen. i was not in the mood to let them find out there was no pollen in me, just blood. so i did the manly thing, i got my brother to knock them down....not cause im scarred. he's just taller. so i come back inside thinking of my traumitizing experience and suddely weep out my shock, as i do this my brain wanders back to my house, and thinks of the comforting affects summer has had on my house as well. spiders, mice, roaches, crickets, and fly's. now i am not one to debate that my house is a living disaster, a absolute cornicopia of chaos and ick. this is my fault. but to the thought that for a second the mess that my house is somehow justifies a colony a creatures to invade my space is ludicris. my house was just as filthy in the winter, and there were no bugs, but then summer comes the time for fun in the sun, life, playing, long walks at night, and every unholy 2nd to last on the food chain, biting, crawling asshole to come out of the woodwork. summer.....i hate you.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, ok, ok.....

The house is gross....we've discovered several new species of ants....and we have to keep a light on at night for the bugs to swarm around instead of our heads.

But the bug man is coming to make all the icky bugs DIE DIE DIE!!!!!

So everything will be better soon.......that is until the evil cicadas come. I swear, I move from Florida and finally get away from the dreaded palmetto bugs (or rather glorified, immortal cockroaches), only to find that I moved somewhere with a bonified swarm. As our Canadian friend so aptly pointed out, something that comes out as a swarm every 7 years just sounds a little too much like the water turning to blood & the angel of death might be next.